Why use promotional items?
Promotional products are one of the oldest and effective ways to advertise and promote your business. There are tens of thousands of products available, so it can be a bit of a headache choosing which one to invest in. Popular products used today tend to benefit the end user, for example:
- Items people can wear; hats, t-shirts, gloves
- Items people can collect; bags, notebooks, folders
- Items people can use; pens, pencils, highlighters
- Items people can eat; food, sweets, chocolate
From experience, we have found pens to be the most popular item we produce. They are a great starting point for your promotional marketing campaign. We believe this is due to the usefulness the pen has with the end user. They are also highly cost effective, with a huge range of options to choose from. Pens have fantastic branding capacity and the colours available means the product can be customised to match your business.
So, if you have decided you want to order some promotional items, then that’s great! But first, let’s run over a few points to consider before making your order.
Timescale is an important factor as no doubt you have a deadline for when you need the items. If they are getting used at an expo, try to be organised and order at least a month in advance.
Budget also plays a main part when selecting your perfect product. There is an array of different options from low to high end, so figuring out a budget is important.
Your business aims should also be an influence when choosing your promo item. What do you want to achieve by using giveaways?
- -Go for quality, you want your items to look good and last for a long time
- -Be unique, the more alluring the item the more likely people will be to visit your stand or remember your business.
- -Make your product attractive, link it with your company colours but make it something people will want to be seen using.
If you are ready to dive into the world of promo, our promotional marketing website is a good place to start. If you need any advice, let us know! If you are interested to know other promo items that get people talking, check out our blog ‘On Trend Promo Items for 2017’.